Corner Bass Trap LF70 – BEAR series: Featuring a unique natural timber insert which provides enhanced absorption between 70Hz and 120 Hz.
- High performance bass trap providing down to 70Hz (RMIT acoustic lab test results below)
- Research and Development at the RMIT Acoustic laboratory in Melbourne Australia
- Developed and patented by SoundAcoustics: The unique Bass Enhanced Absorption Reflector (BEAR) greatly improves low frequency absorption
- Effective low frequency control for improved listening accuracy (reduce LF peaks and dips)
- True Large volume bass trap – 1000mm high 520mm front face 400mm sides (will fit in a 400mm corner space)
- Feature the SoundAcoustics ‘Staple T’ installation channel. Simple to install and remove without wall damage (using 3M Command Hooks) or with a staple gun
- Ideally all four vertical corners of a room should have bass trapping (or start with corners behind speakers ) – this can be achieved economically with the LF70 bass trap
- Easily installed in ceiling corners
- Highest quality polyurethane guaranteed for 10 years
- Made in Australia – Environmental Choice Australia – no harmful blowing agents
- Look amazing!
Our aim was to design a high performance bass trap that would outperform bass traps costing many times the price. The result is the LF70 – BEAR corner bass trap, featuring a unique reflective diffuser insert which significantly increases low frequency absorption.
Research and Development
From our research and development of the HA600/75 hybrid panel, we thought perhaps a similar approach could be applied to a corner bass trap. Acoustic laboratory testing revealed that by incorporating a reflective insert of the correct size and mass the low frequency absorption of the bass trap can be significantly improved. The BEAR series bass traps also provide a unique level of flexibility. If more high frequency absorption is desired, the diffuser insert can be easily removed. And of course we couldn’t resist the BEAR acronym – makes it a BEAR trap!
Testing the BEAR series LF70 bass trap in controlled laboratory conditions (below)
Installation of the LF70 bass trap is incredibly easy utilising the “Staple T” channel (see below) unique to Sound Acoustic products. The bass trap can be installed with either staple gun, removable hooks (such as 3M Command hooks) or with water based builders adhesive.
The LF70 comes standard with a raw timber flexible plywood insert that can be painted, stained or varnished without impacting the acoustic performance of the trap.
Dimensions: 1000mm high 520mm across front face
Performance: Effective absorption down to 70hz
The LF70 is also the ideal partner for the HA600-75 acoustic, working together to provide a balanced professional acoustic treatment.