LF65 – BEAR series Corner Bass Trap
Developed by SoundAcoustics, The LF65 features a unique natural timber or perspex insert which provides enhanced absorption between 65Hz and 120 Hz.
- High performance bass trap providing effective absorption down to 65Hz.
- Research and Development at the RMIT Acoustic laboratory in Melbourne Australia
- Developed and patented by SoundAcoustics: The unique Bass Enhanced Absorption Reflector (BEAR) greatly improves low frequency absorption
- Effective low frequency control for improved listening accuracy (reduce LF peaks and dips)
- True Large volume bass trap – 600mm high 600mm front face
- Feature the SoundAcoustics ‘Staple T’ installation channel. Simple to install and remove without wall damage (using 3M Command Hooks) or with a staple gun
- Ideally all four vertical corners of a room should have bass trapping (or start with corners behind speakers )
- Easily installed in ceiling corners
- Available with either natural timber or perspex insert
- Highest quality polyurethane guaranteed for 10 years
- Made in Australia – Environmental Choice Australia – no harmful blowing agents
- Look amazing!
Research and Development
From our research and development of the HA600/75 hybrid panel, we thought perhaps a similar approach could be applied to a corner bass trap. Acoustic laboratory testing revealed that by incorporating a reflective insert of the correct size and mass the low frequency absorption of a traditional bass trap can be significantly improved. The insert approximately doubles the absorption between 65hz and 120hz. And of course we couldn’t resist the BEAR acronym – makes it a BEAR trap!
Testing the BEAR series bass trap in at the RMIT Acoustic Laboratory (below)